On behalf of the Governing Body, I would like to welcome you to Stoke on Tern – a school we are all very proud of!
We become governors with varying levels of knowledge and many different experiences – that’s part of the value of governing bodies. Governors give their time, their expertise and, crucially, a different perspective to the challenges the school faces. We work with the school leadership team to ensure that our school works hard for every single pupil.
Our Governors are people who have:
• a shared belief in a set of values that will allow our school to thrive
• an interest in our children’s future
• time, energy & enthusiasm
• a desire to make a difference
• a willingness to accept responsibility
• an ability to work as a team
• are happy to ask questions, listen & learn
Governors, working as a team, have high aspirations for all of our children and strive for our school to be the best it can be!
The Governing Body is essential to the effective running of the school and is a rewarding way to make a difference to the lives of our children. Governors work with the leadership team to set the overall direction of the school and act as critical friends by providing appropriate constructive challenge.
Chair of Governors