Here is the access to some online phonics games and activities you could do at home.
Remember to keep things active, here are a few ways you could do this with phonics;
- Use a kitchen spatula to ‘SPLAT’ phonics sounds you see in words
- How many words can you read in 1 minute? – Beat your score!
- Hide and Seek the sounds in your home
- Set up three posts in the garden, each with their own sound attached, run to which sound is in the word presented to keep your child active and learning!
- Play snap with sound families e.g. ay and ai = SNAP!
- Hold a spelling Bee!
- Use sticks and stones in the garden to form phase 3 and 5 digraphs (sounds)