We would like to take this opportunity to welcome your child to Little Wenlock. We are very much looking forward to the year ahead and thought it would be helpful to share some key information.
Our class will be a small class of nursery age children. Here are a few things that you will need to know before starting.
- Your child will come into class straight away in the morning via the external classroom door.
- To ensure social distancing is able to take place and overcrowding is reduced, pupils will be permitted to arrive between 8.45am and 9.15am.
- At the end of the day, pupils will leave via the external classroom door. Again, to avoid overcrowding, you may pick your child up between 2.45pm and 3.15pm.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the school building- it will be by appointment only.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for your child to use before entering and leaving the class. We also have handwashing facilities in class and hand sanitisers around school. Your child will not need to bring their own hand sanitiser into school.
- PE kits must remain in school and include a tracksuit. In the first instance, all PE will take place outside so pupils will need to be dressed appropriately.
- Waterproof clothing and a change of shoes/wellies will be needed . This can be kept in school until half term or sent home for a wash if very muddy!
- No jewellery should be worn to school with the exception of stud earrings. Earrings must be removed on the days we have PE .
- Your child will be permitted to take a class library book home each week.
- Drink bottles must be labelled and contain water only.
- Your child may bring in a healthy snack (e.g. fruit) which must be kept in their bag.
- Your child will only need their bag and bottle each day, please no toys to be brought into class.
- NO nuts to be brought into school. We have pupils who have nut allergies.
We recognise that the transition to returning to full-time education in the nursery environment may also have an impact on the pupils’ emotional well-being. No doubt, they will find the first few weeks tiring and we have a curriculum in place to address their emotional well-being.
Most importantly, we ask that we work together to support your child effectively. We are keen to address any concerns or issues you may have at the earliest opportunity. We do appreciate that school systems and procedures will be different as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic but we are confident that we will all be able to adapt quickly if we follow guidelines. It is also likely that these systems and procedures may alter over the year and we will keep you informed of any changes.
Please contact the office should you require further information.
We look forward to your child attending Little Wenlock in September.
Mrs Tinkler and Mrs Parker