‘The Curriculum lies at the heart of education. It determines what learners will know and be able to go on to do by the time they have finished that stage of their education.’
The Curriculum and Beyond!
Our curriculum, at Stoke-on-Tern, is a progression model, which delivers the broad and balanced learning specified in the 2014 National Curriculum.
Each subject area is led by a specialist teacher who supports the planning and delivery of their subject across the school. You can see more details about each subject by clicking the links below.
In addition to delivering the National Curriculum, we are able to tailor our provision to meet the specific needs of our learners. For example, we offer:
- Music therapy
- Forest school and excellent outdoor learning facilities
- Little Troopers for service pupils
- An outdoor gym for Key Stage 2 pupils
- Introduction to Latin for Upper Key Stage 2 pupils
- A strong focus on oracy in all areas of school life; as a tool for cognition, learning and communication
- Strong pastoral support
- Strong links with our local community
- Daily wrap around provision
Curriculum By Class
You can read more about what the children in each class are learning on our class information pages: